Autor Thema: Home made kilt  (Gelesen 3402 mal)

Offline wr1944

• Neuling
Home made kilt
« am: 09.10.2014 20:01 »
A few weeks ago, after my wife showed interest in me wearing a kilt and the purchase of a UTKilt, I ordered fabric to make my own kilt. I ordered a camouflage fabric and a medium blue denim. Both were sheets of about 4 m long and 1,5 m wide. I made it from a PDF I found on the Internet.
http://cmgm.stanford.edu/~ahebert/Xkilt/Xkilt2ndedRevK.pdf
The fabric was lighter than the that of the UTKilt and it was a real pleasure to wear. Also my wife (and her friends  ;)) was pleased with the result. Yesterday I wore it for the first time in the open, on a hike in the nearby woods.

Offline Kirbstone

• Senior
  • klittragender Ruderer
Re: Home made kilt
« Antwort #1 am: 09.10.2014 20:50 »
Hello WR,

Having lived & worked in Germany for 8 years in the 80s/90s I still keep in touch and this forum is another channel for that, so I tend to post here in German.

I like the kilt and can only wonder at your skills with the scissors & sewing machine.  I have several bespoke skirted outfits, all made professionally and the expense was considerable.  Alas my beloved is definitely NOT on board when it comes to me wearing anything unbifurcated, so my opportunities to go kilted/skirted are limited, to say the least.

I like pockets for large hands and anything made for women fails miserably on that front.

Welcome to the senile septuagenarian club.

Tom
Carpe Diem!...Nutze den Tag!

Offline wr1944

• Neuling
« Antwort #2 am: 17.10.2014 01:16 »
In the same style as the camo kilt, I made a denim kilt. I followed the same recipe but I changed a few minor details. I still have to make belt loops but I have no idea what kind of belt would be fitting.
I wore it last Sunday and I already made a stain on it!

Offline GregorM

• Legende
    • Wie wär's mit einem Kilt?
  • Pronomen: Er
« Antwort #3 am: 17.10.2014 07:01 »
Sieht sehr gut aus, Tom!

Wie auch dein Jeansrock, wr1944.

Gruss
Gregor44

Gruß
Gregor

Offline Dr.Heizer

• Routinier
« Antwort #4 am: 18.10.2014 11:21 »
Den finde ich auch gut! Wenn er für mich gemacht wäre, sollte dann noch das Bundstück etwas schmaler sein und ein schöner Gürtel drum, fertig.
Viele Grüße aus dem Vogtland, Dr.Heizer

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2020, Simple Machines | Bedingungen und Regeln

go up