Autor Thema: Not for the baker ?  (Gelesen 3331 mal)

Offline RokSterNL

• Neuling
Not for the baker ?
« am: 19.07.2006 11:46 »
Hi everybody,

It is a long time ago I have visited the forum, but I don't forget you. I have been to Greece in holiday. The whole holiday I have worn skirts. The other people in our community think it was no problem. I have bought two kinds of sarongs. I didn't know how to wear them, but a lady told me how to do it, and now I know it too.

Last friday our baker was closed without any message why ? Now we have found another baker, but the employer is a young man of Turkey. Today I decided to go with my father to go with him, in skirt. My father told me, he think not to go to the baker in skirt. I understand why, but I give the idea that I didn't understand, and asked my father, why not ? He said, I don't know how the man's reaction is. I think I live here in the Netherlands, and this man was coming out of another country, he must accept our habits. I didn't go with my father to the baker and I stay at home.

Greetings from RokSterNL

Offline martin77

• Junior
  • Ich liebe dieses Forum!
Re:Not for the baker ?
« Antwort #1 am: 19.07.2006 19:13 »
Hi RokSter;
Welcome back home. How was your holidays in Greece? did you wear skirts there? Shoulnd't be a problem.
In case of baker...... You want to go for a fashion show, did you?
Of course not, or? I think there is no question to go forward, YOU living in the Netherlands, and I think nobody will complain that you wear skirts, even not the baker. What will he do? Do not sell a bread to you? I think there are too much worries about all of that.
To be yourself and do what you want to do, wear whatever you like, and you'll find a lot of people which will admire you.
Greetings

Offline cephalus

• Team
  • Legende
    • muenchengefluester
    • Münchengeflüster
« Antwort #2 am: 20.07.2006 10:58 »
Hi RokSer,
what should have been the problem with a skirt there? Has it been respect for your father’s  uneasy feeling or has it been a real fear to get no bread and to be thrown out of the bakery?
I don’t think the man in the shop would pay any attention to his customer’s wardrobe as long as they leave some money.
Or, what would be your reaction if  e.g. a muslim woman, wearing a chadar would step into your shop?
It’s also not actually a typical apparel in the Netherlands.
Greetings

Cephalus

Offline RokSterNL

• Neuling
« Antwort #3 am: 20.07.2006 15:37 »
Thanks for your response. It isn't not for my father's unhappy feeling. I live at home with my father, and he thinks it is no problem for him. He thinks when I like it to wear it, it doesn't matter. The problem is the baker, because it is a man coming from Turkey, and they can have old fashioned ideas about this. The man is a young man, and I don't see the problem why I must fit another outfit for him. When I go to a restaurant it is no problem together with my father to go to it. He is very modern in his thought. He is not the problem of this, in this case it is about the baker. My father doesn't know how this man reacts, when a man comes in his shop in a skirt. For me it is no problem.

Greetings from RokSterNL

Offline RokSterNL

• Neuling
« Antwort #4 am: 20.07.2006 15:58 »
Hi Martin77,

My holiday was perfect. I was there with my father with 28 other people who have made this trip. I have worn except a half day, every day a skirt. The half day we visited a cloister (monastery). They think a man must wear a long pair of trousers, and women must wear a skirt over the knee or longer. Most of the women in our community didn't have skirts. There was a possibility to borrow a wrap around skirt, and they can wear it above the trouser. You will understand it was 38 degrees that day, and after our visit we have a 350 km to travel back to Athene. I am not stupid, and I put on a kneelength cotton skirt, over the skirt I put on a long pair of trousers. After our visit I put off the pair of trousers and I can enjoy the fresh and cool comfort of the skirt also in the touringcar.

I have been in Olympia, Delphi and other more villages and cities. Olympia is famous about its flame . Every 4 year the Olympic Games take place in another country. In the history in 1936 it was the last time for WO II the Olympic Games have taken place, and they have started it after WO II. Our guide told us that Adolf Hitler decided that every time there will be Olympic Games the flame will come from Olympia in Greece in the first stadium. Till now it take place in Olympia. There are plans to bring back the Olympic Games to Greece forever, but the other countries think about the money they bring it to them when many more people visit there country.

Greetings from RokSterNL

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2020, Simple Machines | Bedingungen und Regeln

go up